I spent most of the weekend playing Ryu ga Gatoku 3, so running a little late on updates. Today’s update is the work I did Friday night, and I finished the outer armor of the legs, and have done the panel lining. I also moved on to doing the waist. The legs overall weren’t a problem, and actually, the all white legs feel kind of bulky and plain compared to the Zeta and Strike PG kits. Still, the articulation, even with the armor on is stable, even if the legs are no-frill.
The waist, and moving on to the torso is where you see the use of the rest of the die cast pieces, and where the real frustrations start to come out. My first real frustration is with the waist, and the die cast pieces that are used. The pieces are screwed together, but with the waist cross bar, the torso bar, and the upper leg pieces, their ability to move around is based on how tight you screw the main die cast pieces together. So you have to adjust two or three screws to get the right amount of movement and finding the balance between loose and not too loose.
Anyways, again this time we’ll be doing a simple gallery, please post questions if you have them. I’ll be going further in depth with the torso as it’s where I’ve found the most trouble.
Friday’s total work time: 3 hours
Overall total work time: 8 hours, 15 minutes