As some may already be aware, one of the four gunplar bloggers of the Apocalypse taken the stand yet again to throw down the gauntlet for what may be one of the most ambitious group build projects yet.
As people know, Busterbeam, Gaijin Gunpla, Lupes, and myself first came together at the predecessor to the GAF forums as they are known today, to participate in the now legendary MG Sinanju Group Build Project. This project is really what gave us four bloggers the start in the Gunplar blogosphere as well, leading us to be sometimes termed as the four gunplar/bloggers of the Apocalypse.
The Sinanju GBP led not only to great synergy among like minded individuals, but helped us meet new people like Sonar and Gundam Guy, and to actual friendships that have transcended the forums. So yeah, it was pretty damn cool.
But while we’ve all kept going in our respective paths, and putting out new works, there is always talk about that original synergy and effort that was born out our first GBP. Well, Busterbeam has decided to take his turn with the Gauntlet of the Apocalypse and formally challenge not only us, but anyone else who is interested to bring their best to the gunplar game, and take it to the next level.
And when I say ambitious, I mean it. We’re not going HG, no sir. Not stopping at MG. We’re taking it straight to the PG level.
I’m proud to announce that I will be participating in the GAF PG Strike Freedom Group Build, and I join Busterbeam in challenging my fellow gunplars who may have picked up this monster of a kit, and who have not finished yet, to join in with us.
Here are the official group build rules:
1. You must already own a PGSF
2. You must be part way through your build process. It can be that 5% in (classified as: “I looked at the manual and thought about it for a while.” or 95% finished (classified as: “I have a couple more decals to put on and then the final top coat”), as long as your somewhere between 1% and 99%.
3. The standard Strike Freedom color scheme is banned. Re-colors only.
4. You must think of a noun by which your PGSF will be referred to. We were talking about using the 4 Horseman of the Apocalypse theme (thus the title) but who wants to name their PGSF “Famine”? Anyway you have time to think of the word/s you want to use. Just post it when you post the final pictures of your PGSF at the GAF forums.
and the final and most important rule.
5. You MUST finish EVERYTHING by September 1st.
Strict rules, but it’s all part of the strive to push ourselves to the next level, and to create that new Gunplar legend.
As you can probably tell by the WiP’s up to this point, I’m pretty much in the 90% area of finished. While the actual kit was a solid build, I was somewhat disappointed with the wings/dragoons, and even more disappointed by the less than “Perfect” grade of the various gold parts. This group build will allow me to come back to the PGSF and fix those problems that I saw with the kit, and to challenge myself to actually get past the current plateau I find myself on and move for the next level.
For the current progress, feel free to go back over the previous WiPs.
So, who else is going to pick up the gauntlet and join in the Gunplar League of the Apocalypse?
Lastly, while not set in stone yet, the theme/noun that is floating around in my head?
“We’re going Digital”
nice buddy. love the GB pic there. nice job
Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we’ll talk about it.
those WIP made me want to buy PG SF too… nice bro