Here’s the work I did over the weekend.
Moving onto the torso, we first start with the cockpit/power source/glowing chest thing. This is where we see our first part of fun with wires.
The first problem we run into is that the bottom screw (grey wire) simply doesn’t want to stay in, and falls out, even with having the wired in to tighten it up.
We then proceed to put said light into the final die cast pieces and attach to the waist. Unfortunately, we go back to the issue of balancing the tightness of the screws. The bottom two as well were rather hard to get in, due to having to hold the die cast pieces together, while attaching it to the waist ball, while trying to stick in a screw on one end, and a nut on the other, and tighten in.
Unfortunately, the batteries either shorted, because it no longer lights up. I tested them with the head, and no go. Will have to pick up some more batteries, because I don’t really want to take this apart just to check the wiring again.
We then jump to the head, because of how the wiring will run through the torso.
We then run the wires from the chest and head through the back of the outer armor of the torso.
I’ll continue with the torso again in the next update.
A couple of bonus pictures, I stuck the legs and arms on just to see how it looked.
Saturday/Sunday’s total work time: 4 hours
Overall total work time: 12 hours, 15 minutes