Moving on with the torso, it’s a quick finish, just snap on the front half of the armor, and put the boxy vulcans on top and you’re done.
Unfortunately, this is where I start having fit problems, as the upper right part of the torso doesn’t fit perfectly. It looks like the right arm inner frame is raising it up a little, but as far as I can tell the inner frame is flush and should be fine… Because of this, the upper right vulcan box doesn’t quite fit flush with the torso. Guess you can’t win them all though.
Next up we move on to the back pack, which will help support the wings as well as hide the batteries. Another pain in the ass, due to trying to get all the wires screwed in, along with the switch, without leaving too much extra wire leeway for when you attach backpack. Of course I just now realize that I didn’t take any pictures of the backpack though, sorry about that. Basically you shove the wires in, screw it down, and pray it works.
Before moving on to the wings I build both of the guns, which as you can see are straight forward no frill builds. I also took the time to top coat everything built to this point (aside from the guns)
Moving on to the final part of the build, the wings. The main wings themselves are huge, being taller than the W-Zero once you add the feathers. The back wings as well feature a spring system that allows them to stay closed until you extend up and then the wing pops fully open.
With the initial build finished last Thursday, all that was left was top coating the wings, which I finished up over Friday. Next up, final thoughts and photos.
Last week’s total work time: 3 hours
Overall total work time: 15 hours, 15 minutes