We had great weather this weekend which allowed me to get ahead on painting. First off though, we have to put the new waist together. I went ahead and shaved the peg down on two sides to give it a little more movement and to prevent breakage.
With the waist put together, I finished the painting of the entire inner frame.
And the finished frame is as follows:
Now, we all know Sinanju is a big mother, but it’s always fun to compare! And while Exia is still not fully built, it is easy to tell that Sinanju stands head and shoulders above Exia.
As for the outer armor, I’ve started painting from the feet. At first I was worried that the colors chosen for black and red would be too similar, but after putting the feet together, they came out really nice. Still a little too early to reveal the colors here though! I finished painting up the leg armor next today, and will put the legs together over the week. Depending on weather, I may be able to work on painting the other parts as well over the week. We’ll see how it goes.